Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Bad manners.

Few things vex me more than people pretending to know you. Just because we have exchanged pleasantries every time we have met for the past three years does not make anyone an authority on my life. "You are the kind of mama who....", "You must have grown up....". Crap like that drives me nuts. How would they know? Were they there? Just when you think they have pushed all your buttons and you have finally become numb to the nonesense, they break out the, "Your father must have....". What the *$#@!! When did it become okay to take liberties when talking about other people's parents in their presence? That is bad manners. Plain and simple. Say what you will about me, leave my folks out of it.

You know what else is bad manners, leaving your guests in the house to go get yourself a meal, then proceeding to consume it in their presence. That one kills me everytime.

Disappearing for an hour with a chap at "home time" when I have offered to take you along for the 150 mile away Genge party is bad manners. Not answering your phone is very bad manners. Leaving you the next time you pull that stunt is something I think I can live with. Would that be bad manners? I wonder...

Not bringing anything to your pal's bash when the invitation expressly says you should. Bad manners. Eating and drinking more than everybody else there, so wrong.
Bringing the half empty gallon of OJ from your fridge is foul. Better the bad manners.

My boss refusing to acknowledge my pressence. All I was trying to do is to informing him that the tele-conference he had been waiting for with Japan had been on hold for 20 minutes. Bad manners. Me calling him unlovely names in vernacular (in my head), bad manners too. I guess we're even.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol had me cracked up mbaya.reminds me of K-south flavas song tabia mbaya

Anonymous said...

Si kwa ubaya but those are mboff raia kabisa! But I have to admit that I have met a few myself.
Peeps love to be all up in people's biz and it makes me sick.
That mambo of uchoyo sucks sana!If you cant give food then fast with the rest!
That mambo of disappearing hitch hikers, I dont cheka with at all!
What is worse than people who dont bring stuff is those who dont bring stuff and have the nerve to carry away stuff.
I think I now know why I have so few pals, I dont have the patience that you do.

Anonymous said...

Ah! Yes!
People who dont bring alcohol to a BYOP [bring your own pint] party and proceed to get drunk.... pertubes me all the time!

PROUD NYEUTHI said...

Mungu alisema tupendane. God knows I am trying, lakini patience is dwindling fast! The chap who letad his bakshish OJ returned the next day to see if any food had bakid. I pray for him all the time.

@Acolyte, "disappearing hitch hikers" is a brilliant term. Can I borrow it for a bit?

Jadekitten said...

ROTFL....laughed too hard...

Peeps who think it's their God-given right t be all up in my business, I can't stand. Hata kama ni kupendana, respecting my space ni LAZIMA.

Zote hizo, tabia mbaya sana.

Thanks for passing by mine...

:-)

Kenyanchick said...

Preach it!!

I met some pompous ass just this week. FIFTEEN MINUTES after meeting me he declared, "You strike me as one of those romantic women who read childish romantic novels..."

Me? ME?

Ok, it was kinda funny, but have you ever tried to gonga someone with a flying karate kick while you're rolling on the floor laughing? It ain't easy.

Anonymous said...

@ proud nyeuthi
You are most entitled to use the term! Keep the posts coming!

PROUD NYEUTHI said...

@KC, are you "one of those romantic women who read childish romantic novels..."? Coz you were upset, but then again you were laughing. Clarify please. LOL. Also, that move you have described seems kidogo tricky.