Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I made it.

This morning on my way to work I almost died. Well, not really but that's how it felt. It was a super foggy morning and I could barely see past my nose, but the music of TID and Mad Ice was keeping me tickled and enthused. Then it happened. The loaf that I was happily munching on was unable to navigate my oesophagus and stopped for a breather.

It's my fault really. Dry loaf, regardless of how healthy it is, can be treacherous. It should be accompanied by a beverage, prefarably a hot one, or lubricated with some sort of spread. Surely after my stint in boarding school I know that. Anyway, I swallowed a few times, and switched TID off for a while. At a time like that heartfelt crooning about "Mpenzi wangu" is of little help. When I recovered I switched the music back on. He hadn't missed a beat, but Mpenzi was still ringaing. I got to work just fine and right on time.

Note to self: In the future, Siagi na Jam.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phew! Good thing we didn't lose you. But I have given you marks for eating stato bread, I don't because it tastes like crap!

egm said...

Pole for the near demise by choke. The only stato bread I kula is a certain variety of potato bread that's made by a company in Boston that is to die for. It kumbushas me of the scones from a bakery in Westlands that I would devour with relish.

Anonymous said...

@ egm
ARe you talking about Masters or Oven door?

egm said...

I think it was Oven Door. Not quite sure of the name, but that one seems more familiar. It's been years since I've been there. I'll have to drop by and see if it still exists, cause I would devour those things kabisa

PROUD NYEUTHI said...

I dont eat just any bread. You're right. It's bila ladha. I eat a multi grain, flax combi that looks like those collage things we used to make in primo. A gang of seeds and then some. Healthy, but without a bevarage...... ole wako!

Don_quixote said...

Lol pole lakini, i choked on an ice cube once(Its a very long story) and nearly died is mild, me thinks i died and came back. But si you are brave yani mkate kavu mad respect!!!! me i swallow kila kitu with a beaverage.

PROUD NYEUTHI said...

Choking on a ice cube can be kidogo sad. Especially coz there would be no evidence when the CSI get there.

Don_quixote said...

Yes but there would have been lots of suspects all my siblings goons who had been chekaing me, thinking i was bluffing aki i shudder just thinking of it, its a miracle i dont have an adams apple left after the aftermath.
Lmao yani CSI and i was busy thinking, this cant be how its ends!!!!!

Anonymous said...

@ egm
I have bad news for you, Ovendoor was closed and replaced by a supaloaf franchise; while Master Baker's owner died and it was bought by someone else and renamed Kuster's.
@ Don Q
I have choked on my own saliva several times, rest assured I always lie I was eating something.

Princess said...

Wow..pretty scary experience to deal with while driving. I once choked on bacon and my friend had to wallop me on my back to dislodge it.

PROUD NYEUTHI said...

Tihihihi @ princess. You used the word wallop. I have a Ug pal who says "warroping". So funny.