Monday, January 29, 2007

I tried.

I have been away from this my box thinking about my social life. Something has to change. Soonest. If I'm not bumming at home growing old I'm dodging the bizarre antics of my African brothers or even more unfortunately,the occasional Kenyan kimonster.

I realised the other day that I have not documented the just as entertaining shenanigans of my fellow African sisters, but I am allowed. I am a girl. I have chosen to keep those in the dark and take one for the team. Hell, I am the team!

So in an attempt to change the course of my social life I decided to spend Friday night at the home of a fellow workmate. Nice girl. Not so nice night. The 'party' turned out to be 3 grown mzungus playing that dance video game, munching on chips and dip and entertaining the cats. I will admit it was a welcome break from the usual nonsense, but 1/2 hour into the 'bash' and I wanted my people. Badly. At least with them there is mental stimulation and mad entertainment. At some point the conversation turned to high school and its challenges. Yah. I suspect those three have changed their minds about how 'difficult' high school can be. Missing the bus, bad macaroni and cheese and not being popular are a walk in the park compared to some stories I know. Madam workmate is bound to share one of those stories in the office so if I get any strange looks I know what they are about.

Conclusion, I do need to spread my wings and enjoy new company, but jumping upon a mat at the instruction of 4 arrows and caressing the cats is not my cup of tea. This nyeuthi needs a beat, a square meal and more lively company. The quest continues.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wacha uchoyo! You are making us dudes look bad when most prob there are some mamas huko nje acting the fool kabisa!
I do agree that hanging out with some jungus can verge on boring, I have done it before in my quest to avoid Kenyans and there love for pints and drama.
Just do the new pals thing once in a while bit by bit so you dont get withdrawal.

bantutu said...

Listenning...

PROUD NYEUTHI said...

@Aco, you don't even know! That's why I have decided to wacha. Sitaki kuaibisha mamanzi. The mzungu this is still an option. Likini with a back up plan.

@Bantu, go on.......

Princess said...

Fortunately for me, my non-Kenyan friends love to hike, attend concerts, run, go white-water rafting, wine tasting and all jazz so I have been lucky in that respect. My Kenyan friends like doing the same things, but there is way too much drama involved!!